The Mini Vinnies are quite literally mini St. Vincent de Paul’s.
Mini Vinnies are 7 to 11 year olds based in schools and parishes across England and Wales, and in several other countries across the world. They come together to form a part of the St. Vincent de Paul Society England and Wales, a voluntary organisation dedicated to tackling poverty in all its forms. Mini Vinnies meet to pray, discuss and support however they can to help make a difference in their communities.
Mini Vinnies truly turn concern into action as they use the simple formula of ‘See, Think, To’ to find people in need and help them. They might help by:
- Charity Work – raising funds for different charities,
- Collecting food parcels or gift boxes for vulnerable children in the school community,
- Visiting local care homes to sing or play games with the residents,
- Leading collective worship in our school,
- Running food collections for a local foodbank.